Tuesday 27 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: books I'd Love To Read if I Had a Book Club 27/1/15

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This is a good one because I've thought lots about starting a book club. I read some fabulous novels with the children at school so its kind of the same thing but to talk about books with adults in real life would be fun. I think a lot of the books on the list would be books that I've read before and I know would form a good basis for a discussion in the book group so let's get to it...

1. Wonder by RJ Palacio. We've got tons of these in school now because of the issues raised and it makes for great discussion between children and adults alike!



2. Dearest Rose by Rowan Coleman, this is an excellent book to discuss and the portrayal of any kind of domestic abuse is one of the best I've seen. 



3. The Accident by Cally Taylor. I think reading this book in installments would be a really fun way to explore it and get people talking about it!



4. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. This book would pose lots of questions about honesty and trust in relationships and in the real world too!



5. This Child of Mine by Sinead Moriarty. One of my favorites from 2013 and definitely something which would crate a lot of discussion a nd really make you think!



6. The Greatest Love Story of All time. I'd love this one just to discuss the humour and the role of the male friend and because, as you know, I love to lust over Dave. (I totally need to read this again don't I?)



7. Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley. An amazing book about the first children to integrate into a white school in America. I think this would create an amazing discussion!



8. The House We Grew Up in by Lisa Jewell. Or Possibly The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell, either of these books would raise discussion about family and relationships and where to draw certain lines, also the impact modern society has on these institutions. 



9. A Hundred piece of Me by Lucy Dillon. This book really made me think and made me want to share it with other people!



10. By My Side by Alice Peterson. I loved this book and everything it stood for so it would be amazing to discuss it with other too!



No comments:

Post a Comment